What is the cause of QuickBooks error 15240?
QuickBooks error 15240, usually occurs when you have been using the same version QuickBooks Desktop for a very long time and you are trying to update your QuickBooks or download paid updates. Usually, it says “Error 15240 payroll update failed”.
There are two main reasons behind this error.
File opening error:
You may face problem in opening any file. Ensure that your file is not opened in any other program. If the file is open in a program, close it.
Internet connection error:
You may face this problem due to internet connection. Check your internet connection and try resetting your Wi-Fi.
How to solve QuickBooks error 15240?
There are four ways to resolve QuickBooks error 15240:
Solution 1: Try running QuickBooks as an administrator.
- Close all your tabs.
- Then, right clink on QuickBooks.
- Now try updating the QuickBooks desktop.
- If you are still facing the problem with QuickBooks error 15240, go for another solution.
Solution 2: Change the date or time of your system according to your locality.
- Go to your system settings and find the date and time in the search box.
- Select the date and time according to your locality.
- Then click on apply.
- Now open your QuickBooks app and try to update again.
Solution 3: Allow the QuickBooks installer in your Windows operating system. For that, you need to follow the given steps.
- Close all tab.
- Then go to the Drive C in your computer.
- Select, Program file folder.
- For 64 bit operating system, you need to select Program file X86
- Then you will see a folder with the name of intuit.
- Click right on it.
- Then click on Settings, and then advance.
- In advance option you need to change username
- Then click on Check name.
- Now you need to click on all the positive options like ok, yes and allow.
- Now try to install the update again.
- If however, you are facing a problem then let me know in the comment box.
Solution 4: Reset your browsers:
- Select the Settings option in your browser
- Then click “Advanced”
- In it, you see the option “Reset and Clean Up”.
I hope your problem is solved. If however, you are having problems with QuickBooks error 15240, then let me know in the comment box